Why Submission to God Part 1
Why should you submit to God? What would you gain by submitting to God? There are two forces operating on earth – the good and the bad. And whichever force you submit to controls your life, (Romans 6:16). This article gives reasons why submission to God is a better choice.
We are creatures of choices and our choices determine our today and tomorrow. Deuteronomy 30:19 (KJV) says, “I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life that both thou and thy seed may live:”
God is associated with good and life. When you choose God, you choose good and life. Many people think that to submit to God is to submit to bondage and misery, but the case is the very opposite. Submission to God offers freedom and happiness. What else?
Reasons to submit to God
1. Empowerment – God certainly is far higher than the devil and submitting to God is to be empowered to operate in the same level with God. Daniel 11:32 (KJV) says, “…but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do exploits.”
2. Success – God is a God of success. When you yield to God you become exposed to God’s kind of success. Joshua 1:8 (AMP) – “This Book of the Law shall not depart out of your mouth, but you shall meditate on it day and night, that you may observe and do according to all that is written in it. For then you shall make your way prosperous, and then you shall deal wisely and have good success”
3. Fulfilment – Many people are not fulfilled because they failed to submit their life, ideas, family, business, vision etc to God. Submission to God in every area of your life enthrones God as your counsellor, guide and leader over your life. God takes care of what is committed to him. Psalm 37:5 (KJV) – “Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.”
4. Peace and joy – A life submitted unto God is a life of peace and joy. God leads in the paths of peace (Psalm 23:2). Also Psalm 16:11 (KJV) says, “Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore.”
5. Protection – God protects everyone that is under His care. No force can harm you when you are under God’s covering. Psalm 91:9-11 (KJV) – “Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation; there shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling. For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
P.S If you enjoyed this post make sure you enter your email address here for free email updates
I would like to hear from you. Do Leave a comment and share this post.
Image by Yvonne