Hi, Jesus loves you.
Are you losing in your battles with the enemy? What do you have to show for your redemption? I have good news for you – the blood of Jesus is your receipt for your redemption! It is what you present to claim your goods from the enemy. This post gives the virtues of the blood covenant and how you can use it to overcome satan.
Take heed therefore to yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost has made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he has purchased with his own blood – Acts 20:28 (KJV, emphasis mine)
In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace – Ephesians 1:7 (KJV)
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives to the death – Revelations 12:11 (KJV)
Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honor, and glory, and blessing – Revelations 5:12 (KJV)
The blood of Jesus shed on the cross is the seal of our redemption and victory over the enemy. The blood of the covenant reconciled us back to God (Colossians 1:20) and restored all that the enemy stole from us. If the princes of this world knew the plan of God concerning Christ’s blood, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory – 1 Corinthians 2:8
The virtues of Christ’s blood
- Redemption – Christ redeemed you by His shed blood – Ephesians 1:7. Adam, the first man, sold us to the devil when he disobeyed God and obey the devil. And since then, humanity entered into bondage under the control of the enemy – Galatians 5:1. But Jesus, by His shed blood on the cross purchased you back. Also, your sins were forgiven and forgotten by God according to the riches of His grace – Jeremiah 31:34
- Sanctification – The blood of the covenant sanctified you – Hebrews 10:29. It made you pure and free from sin. You became new creature in Christ, old things were passed away and now all things have become new – 2 Corinthians 5:17. You stand before God as though you had not sinned by the blood of Jesus.
- Justification – You were justified by the blood of Jesus Christ – Romans 5:9. You were let off the hook of the enemy and shown to be right by His blood. Christ, who knew no sin, became sin for you that you might be made the righteousness of God in Him – 2 Corinthians 5:21
- Reconciliation – The Lord’s blood reconciled you back to God. In Christ Jesus you who were far off were made near by the blood of Christ – Ephesians 2:13. Now, you are part of God’s family, no more a dog outside the gate. The relationship you lost by Adam’s action, Christ restored by His blood. Now, you can call God, ‘Abba Father’ – Romans 8:15
- Conscience purging – Through His blood your conscience is purged from dead works to serve the living God – Hebrews 9:14. Your wrong way of life is transformed and you are empowered to obey God with a clean conscience.
- Access to God’s presence – you can boldly enter into the presence of God by the blood of Jesus – Hebrews 10:19. As a child of God you have free access to the Heavenly Father, not as a beggar or a stranger, by the blood of Jesus.
- Deliverance – By the blood of the covenant, you were sent forth out of the prison or pit of the enemy – Zechariah 9:11. Whatever bondage you may be in, you have been set free by the blood of Jesus.
- Exceeding grace – The blood covenant affords you awesome favour of God. It speaks better things than the blood of Abel – Hebrews 12:24. All that Jesus received when He was slain have been made available to you: power, riches, wisdom, strength, honour, glory and blessings – Revelations 5:12. By His blood, you are given the grace to partake and enjoy them.
- Victory – You overcome the enemy by the blood of the Lamb (Christ) and by the word of your testimony – Revelations 12:11. Victory is guaranteed by the blood of Jesus. It is a weapon that the enemy cannot stand nor defeat.
- Proof of God’s love – God, for the love He has for you and me, gave His only begotten son that whosoever believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life – John 3:16. He allowed the blood of His son Jesus to be shed on the cross (the most shameful death then) for sinners, for while we were yet sinners Christ died for us – Romans 5:8
Therefore, an understanding of what is in the blood of the lamb and application of it makes you a perpetual triumphant Christian. The blood of Jesus is the receipt of redemption you show to collect all the blessings of redemption.
You don’t have to suffer that shame and reproach, sickness and disease, lack and want anymore because Christ has paid for the glory and honour, Strength and total health, riches and power, wisdom and blessings in their place. Nobody pays for his goods twice. Christ has paid once with His blood (Acts 20:28), you need not pay again.
In conclusion, you need to understand what Jesus did on the cross, build up your faith in the power of His blood (Romans 3:25) and use it in faith. When you are confronted by the forces of darkness, present the blood of Jesus and they will flee. By the blood of Jesus take back what belongs to you; by the blood of Jesus receive your inheritance in Christ in Jesus name.
P.S do share this post.
P.S if you enjoyed this post make sure you enter your email address here for free email update.
P.S leave your comment below, I would like to hear from you.
Image by Robert Williams