Are you a believing Christian by word of mouth or by your fruits? Or are you a Christian just because you go to church? Christ stated clearly that you will know them by their fruits. Therefore, if you are a believing Christian, you’re to behave like one. This post tells you how to behave like a Christian O child of God.
You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles? Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Therefore by their fruits you will know them – Matthew 7:16-20 (NKJV).
A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks – Luke 6:45 (NKJV).
A person is not known as a ‘Christian’ just by his or her religion. Rather a true Christian is known by his or her fruits. Therefore, bring forth fruit that depicts you as a Christian if you’re one. The disciples were first called Christians because they were behaving like Christ. So also, people will acknowledge you as a true Christian when you behave like Christ.
Who Is A Christian?
A true Christian is a person who has accepted Christ as his or her Lord and personal saviour and behaves like Him. That is, the person is a born-again child of God and does what pleases the Father as Jesus did.
How To Know A Christian
He or she is known by his or her words and actions. This is because from the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks (Luke 6:45). And as a man thinks so is he (Proverbs 23:7). Therefore, you’re known as a believer and disciple of Christ by your lifestyle.
How To Behave Like A Christian
According to Romans 12:9-21, there are certain things you need to do as a lifestyle if you’re a Christian. These include:
- Love without hypocrisy.
- Abhor what is evil.
- Cling to what is good.
- Be kindly affectionate to one another with brotherly love, in honor giving preference to one another.
- Don’t lag in diligence.
- Be fervent in spirit.
- Serve the Lord with all of you and all that belongs to you.
- Rejoice in hope.
- Be patient in tribulation.
- Continue steadfastly in prayer.
- Ensure to distribute to the needs of the saints.
- Be given to hospitality.
- Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.
- Rejoice with those who rejoice, and weep with those who weep. Be of the same mind toward one another.
- Do not set your mind on high things, but associate with the humble.
- Do not be wise in your own opinion.
- Repay no one evil for evil.
- Have regard for good things in the sight of all men.
- As much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.
- Do not avenge yourselves, but rather let God avenge for you.
- Feed your enemy and give him a drink.
- Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.
It’s not enough to declare that you’re a Christian. Rather, go further to show it by behaving like one. Truly, by your fruits, everyone will know that you are a follower of Christ. Therefore, learn how to behave like a Christian o child of God and do likewise today.
Jesus is Lord!
Please do visit my site for more spiritual resources
Connect with me here.
Also, connect with me on
I am very active on my social media platforms.
God bless you.
Grace and peace of God be unto you.
Do share this post. If you enjoyed this post make sure you enter your email address here for free email updates.
Pls leave your comment below, I would like to hear from you.
Image by Leo Li
Am well taught by this teaching. Thanks so much. 🙏 May God Almighty continue to help you to help me. Glory to God!
Glory to God!
God bless you Chikondi and thanks for your comment.