Hi, Jesus loves you.
Have you ever woken up excited, ready for a beautiful day, only to be offended by the first person you met? Offences when not wisely handled, causes more havoc than you can ever bargain for. A word of wisdom is to be wise when dealing with any offence. This article explains why you should not allow offences to affect you in anyway.
Woe unto the world because of offences! For it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! – Matthew 18:7 (KJV)
Offences cannot be avoided. You cannot absolutely predict or control the actions of another person. But you can control how his or her actions affect you. You have the choice to exercise the power over your joy and peace or give to another person to exercise over you.
Why offences must come
- The enemy, the devil, cannot operate in a joyous atmosphere. That is why we are admonished to rejoice in the Lord again and again by Paul in Philippians 4:4. The devil sends the offence to create a conducive atmosphere to oppress you and sometimes another person(s)
- For your promotion. There can never be a testimony without a test. You have to prove that you are ready and qualified for the next level of blessing.
It is word of wisdom to respond amicably to offences. Some offences are intended while many are not. Whatever the case may be, you should not allow it to go beyond that incident and moment.
Why offences must be wisely handled
- It distorts your thoughts, words and actions. You tend to take regrettable and irrational steps.
- The consequences of your actions affect not only you but many other people.
- You lose sight of opportunities for success in life that come your way. Your emotions tend to control you more than your reasoning.
- It affects profitable relationships
- It opens the door for health challenges stemming from anger, bitterness or un-forgiveness
- It affects your love walk with God and people.
- It steals and wastes your time and energy. The precious time and energy you would have used to do something constructive towards your success in life, is used to harbour anger and bitterness, and to strategize a pay-back to the offender.
God cannot stop the offences but He can help you to wisely overcome them. Therefore reach out to God for help and offences will lose their power over your life and destiny
Grace and peace of God be unto you.
Do share this post.
If you enjoyed this post make sure you enter your email address here for free email updates.
Pls leave your comment below, I would like to hear from you.
Image by Newtown Grafitti