This chapter gives an account of the birth of Jesus Christ, and when he was presented at the temple as a baby. Also, it records Christ’s visit to Jerusalem when he was twelve years old.
There are certain points I want you to take note of. Please, do watch the video to listen to the reading of the chapter to understand better.
Points to note
- Good news will always come first to those who are on the watch, both in prayers and in the word.
- Christ brings peace and goodwill to men.
- Mary kept the prophecy concerning the baby in her heart and pondered on it, while others heard and just wondered. This resulted in her later believing that Jesus could do something concerning the finished wine at the wedding ceremony. And this was before He started His mission fully on earth.
Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.” His mother said to the servants, “Whatever He says to you, do it – John 2:4-5 (NKJV).
- The secret things or the new things of God are revealed to those who have time for God in word and in prayer.
- God prepared for the coming of Christ long before He came, so also does He still prepare for His own till today. May all that the Lord prepared for you and me all come to pass in Jesus name.
- Jesus is the Light, so there will be no darkness in you when you receive Him as your Lord and Saviour and follow His steps.
- God doesn’t promise us a life without challenges, but like Mary, He prepares us for them so that we will have victory, and not allow them to overwhelm us.
- Christ grew like other human beings in the things of God; He grew in the Spirit, wisdom, and grace; thereby teaching us that we can grow likewise.
- Serving God is business. Christ referred to what He was doing as His Father’s business. And an understanding of this will make us be serious with our service. This also means that as a business, there is profit. So, God expects profit, fruits from our services unto Him. And we too will have profits to enjoy.
Lord, help us to grow in Spirit, wisdom, and in the grace of God in Jesus name.
Please do visit my site for more spiritual resources
Connect with me here.
Also, connect with me on
I am very active on my social media platforms.
God bless you.
Grace and peace of God be unto you.
Do share this post. If you enjoyed this post make sure you enter your email address here for free email updates.
Pls leave your comment below, I would like to hear from you.
image by Arsheffield