How do I hear from God? How do I ensure I don’t follow the wrong voice? There are many voices out there seeking to be obeyed. Therefore learning how to hear from God, thereby differentiating Him from others is very important for your Christian walk with God. This article gives helpful tips on hearing from God.
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me – John 10:27 (KJV)
Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know – Jeremiah 33:3 (NKJV).
God certainly speaks and He desires to talk to His children as a father would to his children. A walk with God without knowing how to hear from God is like traveling to an unknown area without direction. Hearing from God makes your Christian walk easier, interesting and enjoyable. It guarantees peace, victory and success in life, etc in a shorter period of time.
Furthermore, being able to hear from God helps you to avoid the pitfalls of life. It protects you from deceit and dangers set by the enemy. The Christian faith is a struggle without the ability to hear from our father and maker.
Tips on how to hear from God
- Become a child of God – A child will always hear the voice of his father
- Give attention to His word – God says nothing outside His word. Knowing God’s word enables you to know when God is speaking to you or not.
- Be prayerful – Prayer is a two-way communication with God. You will hear God when you spend time praying to Him. Also prayer prepares your spirit to receive from God
- Believe and expect that He will speak to you – Faith is like a magnet that draws God. So when you have faith that God will speak to you and when He does you will hear Him, then it will be so. The expectation of the just will not be cut off.
- Praise and worship God – God inhabits the praises of His people. When God receives your praises you will hear His voice. It also prepares your spirit to receive from God
- Practice obeying God’s word – when you are a doer of God’s word, you will know how to hear from God.
- Be sensitive in the spirit – God is a spirit and relates to us through our spirit. You will easily hear God when your spirit is sensitive enough.
- Exercise patience – God is God. Nobody dictates to Him. Therefore when you are seeking to hear God on any issue, don’t be in a hurry. God will speak at His own time.
- Obey the last instruction you heard from God – Normally, God will wait for you to obey the last instruction He gave you before speaking again.
- Pray in the spirit – This sensitizes your spirit to receive any word from God.
God is the Alpha and the Omega and He wants to direct you in all your ways. The above tips prepare your spirit to quickly receive from God. Do these tips and you will learn how to hear from God and obey Him.
So how can you hear from God?
Jesus is Lord!
Grace and peace of God be unto you.
Do share this post.
If you enjoyed this post make sure you enter your email address here for free email updates.
Pls leave your comment below, I would like to hear from you.
Image by Randy Willis