Hi, Jesus loves you.
What miracles wrought by Jesus Christ can you tell? And what lessons from these miracles have you applied in your life? Every miracle is purely by the finger of God for no one can explain it; even so the miracles performed by Jesus Christ were purely the finger of God. This post gives some of the miracles of Christ and the lessons drawn from them which you can apply to your life to experience multiply miracles too.
And when the Sabbath had come, He began to teach in the synagogue. And many hearing Him were astonished, saying, “Where did this Man get these things? And what wisdom is this which is given Him, that such mighty works are performed by His hands! – Mark 6:2 (NKJV)
I can of Myself do nothing. As I hear, I judge; and My judgment is righteous, because I do not seek My own will but the will of the Father who sent Me – John 5:30 (NKJV)
Jesus Christ performed great miracles and healed many people, to the point that people were astonished and wondered what kind of wisdom was operational in Him, that mighty works were performed by His hands. In all, Christ gave glory to God and testified that of Himself He can do nothing.
Now, let’s consider some of Christ’s mighty works and what lessons we can learn from them:
1. Water turned into Wine – John 2:1-12
In a wedding in Cana of Galilee where Jesus was a guest with his mother and disciples, the wine finished and Jesus Christ’s mother came and told him about it. Initially Christ seemed not to be interested, but that didn’t dissuade His mother. Instead she told the servants to do whatever He tells them to do. Jesus told them to fill the water pots with water, which they did. After which He told them to draw some out and take it to the master of the feast and they did. Apparently, as they were going the water turned to wine which the master of the feast confirmed as a good wine. This was Christ’s first miracle and manifested His glory.
- Never forget to invite Christ to whatever you are doing.
- If you encounter any challenge don’t hesitate to tell Him.
- Always do whatever He tells you to do even if it sounds foolish.
- Jesus is never late and His own things are always the best.
2. Nobleman’s son healed – John 4: 46-54
A certain nobleman, whose son was sick to the point of death at Capernaum, heard that Jesus had come out of Judea into Galilee and came and implored Christ to come and heal his son. Jesus asked him to go his way that his son lives, instead of going with him as he had requested. He believed the word that Jesus spoke to him and went his way. On his way his servants met him and told him that his son was healed. When he inquired of the time he got better, he discovered it was the same time that Jesus told him his son lives. And he and his household believed in Christ.
- Seek Jesus wherever you can find Him
- You are free to ask Him whatever you may desire.
- Believe every word that He speaks to you, even if it’s not what you expected to hear from Him, or it’s not what you desired Him to say or do.
- Christ’s ways are higher and better than our ways.
- God’s goodness brings about repentance.
3. Feeding the multitudes – John 6:1-14, Matthew 15:32-39
In John 6:1-14, a great multitude, including about five thousand men, followed Jesus over the Sea of Galilee. When Jesus saw the multitude He asked Philip where they could buy bread to feed them, testing him, for He Himself knew what He would do. Philip answered Him that two hundred denarii worth of bread would not be sufficient for them to even take a bite.
Then Andrew, one of his disciples mentioned that a lad had five barley loaves and two fish, and then asked what that could do among so many. Jesus asked them to make the people sit down. He then took the loaves and fish available, gave thanks and distributed them to His disciples, and the disciples to those sitting down.
They ate till they were filled up. Jesus then asked them to gather the fragments that remained, so that nothing was lost. They filled twelve baskets with the fragments of the five loaves which were left over by those who had eaten. Then, the people declared that Jesus was truly the Prophet who was to come into the world.
Also in Matthew 15:32-39, almost the same scenario occurred. Jesus needed to feed four thousand men, besides women and children, after three days of having nothing to eat. They had only seven loaves and a few little fish. Jesus took these and broke it and gave it to the disciples to distribute to the people seated as He had commanded. They all ate and were filled, and they took up seven large baskets of the fragments left.
- Jesus Christ is forever concerned about our welfare
- Sometimes, God may test you to know how much faith you have and how much you know of Him.
- Whatever you have is enough for God to work with
- Christ is very orderly and organized, so you should do the same
- Thanksgiving is a key to multiplication
- Team work is essential for success in life
- Jesus hates wastes and accountability is an important quality to have.
4. Lazarus raised from death – John 11:1-44
A certain man was sick, Lazarus of Bethany, brother to Mary and Martha. His sisters sent a message to Jesus that he was sick. When Jesus heard it He quickly declared that the sickness was not unto death, but for the glory of God. However, He stayed two more days in the place where He was, after which He and His disciples left for Lazarus’ place.
When Jesus got to the place, Lazarus had already been in the tomb for four days. After an insightful discussion with Martha, He asked for Lazarus’ tomb. The people around wondered why Christ who could open blind eyes could not keep the sick Lazarus from dying.
On getting to the tomb, He asked that the stone laid against it be taken away. Martha reminded him that by now there would be a great stench, for he had been dead four days. And Jesus reminded her of what He said to her earlier that if she would believe, she would see the glory of God.
When they removed the stone, Jesus lifted up His eyes and thanked God, the Father. Then He called forth Lazarus with a loud voice, and he who was dead came out bound hand and foot with grave-clothes, and Jesus said to them, “Loose him and let him go”.
- God hears you the very time you pray in faith
- Declaring what you want in the face of an opposite situation empowers your desire to come to pass.
- God is never late.
- God will not always act as you expect.
- There is no situation too smelly, messy, difficult or impossible that God cannot intervene in order to put a smile on your face.
- If you would believe, you will see the glory of God in that situation.
- Every stone blocking your freedom or deliverance needs to be removed before you can come forth; it could be the stone of unbelief or doubt, disobedience, un-forgiveness, etc.
- Your salvation is not with man but with God, so look up to Jesus.
- Thanksgiving unto God is a vital step for your victory.
- Jesus always finishes His work on you; till you are loosed and allowed to go He is not done.
5. Tribute money from a fish – Matthew 17:24-27
When Jesus and His disciples got to Capernaum, those who received the temple tax came to Peter and asked him if Jesus pays temple tax and Peter answered yes. Immediately Peter entered the house, without being told anything Jesus asked Peter who the kings of the earth take taxes from, their sons or strangers. Peter answered that it is from strangers, and Jesus said to him, “then the sons are free”. Nevertheless, so that the tax collectors will not be offended, Jesus asked Peter to go to the sea, cast in a hook, and take the fish that comes up first; that in its mouth, he would find a piece of money. He told him to take it and pay for their taxes (for Peter and Himself)
- God hears all our conversations
- You should not always insist on your rights.
- You should obey authorities
- God will use any means whatsoever to bless you.
- God’s provisions are never insufficient.
P.S do share this post.
P.S if you enjoyed this post make sure you enter your email address here for free email updates.
P.S leave your comment below, I would like to hear from you.
Image by Tim Ellis
I love it
Thoughtful and inspiring!
I love it,never thought of it this way😍
Glory to God!
Thanks Precious for your comment.
God bless you.
I enjoyed all lessons learnt from Jesus Christ miracles.
Glory to God!
Thank you Julius.
May you experience these miracles
in your life in Jesus name.
God bless you.
Hello, this was a very helpful post that gave me both understanding and guidance. It was a very helpful lesson. God bless you.
Glory to God!
God bless you too Emra.
Thanks for your comment
I’m blessed with this post.