How do you know when you lack the peace of God? What should you beware of if God’s peace is to remain intact within you? The peace of the Lord is the checks and balance of a glorious, fruitful and successful life. There are numerous signs or products of the absence of this peace. This article lists the signs.
And in the second year of the reign of Nebuchadnezzar Nebuchadnezzar dreamed dreams, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleep brake from him – Daniel 2:1 (KJV)
I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart. My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me – Psalm 38:8, 10 (KJV)
In the day shalt thou make thy plant to grow, and in the morning shalt thou make thy seed to flourish: but the harvest shall be a heap in the day of grief and of desperate sorrow– Isaiah 17:11 (KJV)
Peace is a state of being calm and quiet: a state of living in friendship with somebody without arguing or fighting- (Oxford advanced learner’s dictionary). It is also a state of having hope, being at rest and absolute trust on God.
Therefore, it is important that you are quick to identify the products of lack of peace of God. This is because dealing with them promptly will prevent them from growing into more destructive products. God wants you to be free of these manifestations in your life.
Some of these products are inward manifestations, and would have eating up the victim before manifesting outwardly. That’s the reason why they must be identified early and dealt with as fast as possible.
1 Torments – mental suffering is an evidence that the peace of the Lord is absent in your life. God’s peace provides a soothing effect mentally.
2. Insecurity – Lack of confidence in God’s ability to protect makes you insecure. But the peace of God releases this confidence within you.
3. Sleepless nights – Sleep is always far from a troubled mind.
4. Absent-mindedness – When you are troubled and you dwell in the cause of it, you tend to be absent-minded.
5. Un-forgiveness – It is difficult to forgive someone you still are not at peace with.
6. Fault-finding – When you are not at peace you tend to find faults in people and things all the time. Yet under normal circumstance, you would have overlooked the faults.
7. Irritation – A troubled heart is easily irritated.
8. Eating disorder – Some people resort to eating anyhow and uncontrollably when the peace of God is absent, not knowing how else to solve their problems
9. Anxiety – Evidently, being anxious expresses lack of the peace of God. It says that your challenge is not only beyond you but also beyond God.
10. Suicide – A peaceful mind will never think of suicide as an option or escape route from challenges.
11. Fear – Certainly, once fear comes, you lose your peace of mind
12. Immorality – Some people resort to immorality as a means of shielding themselves from their problems. Unfortunately, it never solves any problem, instead it compounds it.
13. Drunkenness – Some others try to drown their troubled mind with alcohol. Unfortunately, not only is it temporary, the alcohol ends up adding to their trouble.
14. Instability – Lack of peace of mind can lead to mental or emotional breakdown. You may find yourself doing one thing now and the next minute the very opposite thing.
15. Broken relationships – When you don’t have the peace of God, you wouldn’t be able to wisely to deal with any challenge that may come up. You need to be at peace within you before you can make peace with another.
16. Strife – Where there is no peace, you find strife.
17. Weakness – Strength fails when the mind is troubled. The energy and enthusiasm to achieve your goals are drained.
18. Depression – The peace of God keeps depression far from you. This is because you will have hope, joy and you will be free from anxiety.
19. Prolonged Sorrow – The peace of the Lord enables you to quickly overcome sorrow. Because what the enemy planned for evil, God can use to be a blessing to you and many others.
20. Unproductive life – Absence of peace will affect your results. Your spirit, soul and body will not work at their very best.
21. Failure – Ultimately, if something is not done, lack of God’s peace will lead to failure. This is because you will not be coordinated enough to achieve your goals or heart desires.
22. Lack of spirituality – Your prayer life and your desire to study God’s word will be affected. You will be more carnally minded than spiritually minded. Also, you will tend to make poor or wrong choices most of the time.
The peace of God is a very important virtue to possess if you are to enjoy life and success today. Absence of it will be very detrimental to you and therefore should be guarded jealously.
What other product of lack of peace can you mention?
P.S If you enjoyed this post make sure you enter your email address here for free email updates
I would like to hear from you. Do Leave a comment and share this post.
Image by GE Healthcare