Joseph is put in charge of Pharaoh’s officers
The butler and the baker offended Pharaoh and he put them in the same prison where Joseph was. And the captain of the guard chose Joseph to be in charge of them, and Joseph served them while they were there.
- God will always remember us for the right positions
- The work of a leader is to serve. This we see in Joseph, though he was in charge of them, he didn’t maltreat them rather he served them while they were there with him
The officers had a dream
One night both the butler and baker had a dream, each one with his own significant dream and its own personal interpretation. When Joseph came to them, he saw that they were sad and depressed. And he asked them why they were not happy and they told him that they both had dreamed but there was no one to interpret them. So, Joseph told them that interpretations belong to God, and they should tell him their dreams.
- It takes a merry heart to notice a sad countenance, for Joseph must have been happy to notice that the officers were sad.
- Nothing is unknown to God and Joseph believed that God would give him the interpretation of their dreams.
- So, if we believe, God will reveal the answers to our questions and solutions to our challenges.
The chief butler’s dream interpreted
The butler was the first to tell Joseph his dream and get an interpretation of his dream. And Joseph told him that after three days he would be released and restored as Pharaoh’s butler. Also, he asked the butler to remember him and free him from prison when he gets out and is restored. Unfortunately, the butler forgot Joseph when he was restored.
- We should only put our trust in God, for man is limited and is more prone to fail us.
The chief baker’s dream interpreted
When the baker heard a good interpretation of the butler’s dream, he also told Joseph his dream. Unfortunately, the interpretation of his dream was not good. Joseph told him that in three days he would be released and hanged on a tree Ned birds will eat him up.
- We all have different destinies and our lives don’t necessarily run based on another person’s experience.
Joseph’s interpretations were fulfilled
On the third day, which was Pharaoh’s birthday, Pharaoh released the two officers. And the butler was restored, while the baker was hanged, as Joseph had interpreted to them.
- The word of God will always come to pass
Jesus is Lord!
Please visit my site for more spiritual resources.
Connect with me here.
Also, connect with me on
I am very active on my social media platforms.
God bless you.
Grace and peace of God be unto you.
Do share this post. If you enjoyed this post make sure you enter your email address here for free email updates.
Pls leave your comment below, I would like to hear from you.
Image by FreeBibleimages