Hi, Jesus loves you.
Prayer is a must if you are to live a victorious life. God is calling people to build prayer altars in their lives. God is looking for a man who will stand in the gap that evil will not befall men. An understanding of what to expect when you rightly build a prayer altar will energize you to do so. This post is based on a teaching from Bishop David Abioye.
So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one – Ezekiel 22:30 (NKJV)
But we will give ourselves continually to prayer and to the ministry of the word.” – Acts 6:4 (NKJV)
So what is prayer altar?
1. It is the altar of testimonies – Those who pray always will have testimony. Prayer is the processing plant for testimony.
2. It is the altar for speed accomplishment – Abraham’s servant enjoyed divine speed after he prayed to God. Rebecca came out and did everything as the servant prayed (Genesis 24:12-27)
3. It is the altar of strength – Men of prayer are men of supernatural strength (Luke 22:40-43)
4. It is the altar of sanctification – The more you look at God in prayer, the more you look like Him. If you keep seeking the face of God in prayer, your desire for sin will disappear. In all probability, the more prayerful you are the more sanctified you become (Luke 9:28-29, Malachi 3:3)
5. It is the altar of possibilities – God is the God of possibilities. When you pray and stay on the altar you will see the glory and get the answers (Jeremiah 32:27, Mark 10:27, Mark 9:23)
6. It is the altar that alters things – It is the control room to press switches for change. Elijah prayed and there was no rain for three years. He prayed again and rain came (James 5:17-18)
7. It is the altar of visions and revelations – Men of prayers are men of visions and revelations. Where these don’t exist, you have confusion and uncertainties (Proverbs29:18, Habakkuk 2:1-2, Acts 10)
8. It is the altar of dominion – it is the winning altar; you have dominion over all, including dominion over sin. It is a set platform to take charge of your day and life in general. Jesus would pray in the night and in the morning have dominion over affairs of the day (Luke 5:15-16, Luke 6:12-13)
9. It is the altar of divine direction – Through prayer you obtain guidance and divine direction. Jesus was never trapped because He was always led and guided by God. It is wisdom to be led than to be delivered (Psalm 32:8, Isaiah 48:17)
10. It is the altar of grace – You obtain favour and mercy at the altar of prayer. Nehemiah prayed for mercy and favour before the King and God granted him. The king released him to go and rebuild the city of Judah (Hebrews 4:16, Nehemiah 1:4-11, Nehemiah 2:1-8)It is the altar of revival – Every revival is birth and sustained at the altar of prayer. When God moves, everything moves (Joel 2:28-32, acts 4:24-31, Acts 5:12-16)
What else is prayer altar?
Grace and peace of God be unto you.
Do share this post.
If you enjoyed this post make sure you enter your email address here for free email updates.
P.S leave your comment below, I would like to hear from you.
Image by Waiting For The Word